Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Green Smoothie


I was out of my Shakeology for like a week because my husband decided to use it more then usual, so I ran out of it sooner then I usually do! So I had to come up with some replacement until my Shakeology came in the mail! I have heard about green smoothies before but never really made one because I always thought it would just taste leafy BUT I was so wrong! I thought I would give it a try, I searched online for some green smoothie recipes and came across a recipe that was a post workout/breakfast and/or meal replacement, so I gave it a try but changed it to what I had in my frig and loved it! I didn't know green smoothies could be so good, and its very filling. Feel free to play around with the ingredients to alter it the way YOU think you might like it.
Here you go, I hope you enjoyed it like I did!




Chocolate Peanut Butter Green Smoothie

- 2 Small Bananas
- 1 scoop of Shakeology or you could use 2 Tablespoons of cocoa powder or raw cacao powder.
- 1 Tablespoon of any butter of your choice. (Almond or Peanut Butter, I used Chocolate-Coconut Peanut Butter from Wild Friends, which is so yummy.)
- 2 Cups of spinach if your using Shakeology, if your not using shakeology use 3 cups of Spinach or greens (kale) of your choice!
- 8 or more ounces of almond milk or milk of your choice.
- Ice

Place all ingredients into blender placing greens and ice last, blend and enjoy! This green smoothie is so filling, it would be considered a meal replacement IF you use Shakeology BUT if you don't have Shakeology its still filling enough to use a meal replacement. I like this for a post workout/breakfast, hope you enjoy it as much as I have!!

Please feel free to share your thoughts on this, I would love to hear it!


0 comments:

Post a Comment